Thursday, 15 April 2010

Expenses Pledge

Today I sent this letter to my local newspaper, the Oxford Times:-

Sir,
It is quite right that the public is outraged and disillusioned by the many scandals there have been in public life recently. The parliamentary expenses scandal is a major factor in discouraging people from voting.

To try to address this, I PLEDGE that, if elected, I will not claim any expenses. Not only will I live within my salary, but I pledge to give the first ten thousand pounds of my salary to a charity approved by you, the electors. I suggest the Medical Foundation for the Victims of Torture, or Sight-Savers, the international charity for saving people from blindness. Electors will be able to vote on this, by post or e-mail, providing their voting number.

Yours sincerely,
(Dr) Julia Gasper, UKIP PPC for Oxford East.

No comments:

Post a Comment